Port Dickson is one of the most popular and appealing destinations in Southeast Asia. There are many reasons to take a trip here, including beautiful beaches, fascinating historical and cultural attractions and a variety of hotels and resorts. The following are some tips to keep in mind if you are planning a trip to this incredible region of Malaysia.
Finding a Hotel
Port Dickson has hotels and resorts in every price range. If you’re on a tight budget, you can still find hotels in Port Dickson that will give you access to the beach and other attractions. At the other end of the spectrum, there are a number of high end resorts that provide all the amenities and frills you could ask for, such as luxurious accommodations, gourmet dining, attentive staff and ocean views.
If you are seeking a hotel in Port Dickson, you must consider your budget and the type of location and amenities you prefer. It’s always a good idea to look up any hotel you’re considering to see if it has any reviews or ratings. This can help you get the best value.
Attractions in Port Dickson
There are many attractions in Port Dickson, whether you prefer to spend time on the beach, explore local history or enjoy the stimulating nightlife. The following are some of the area’s most popular activities and destinations.
- Wan Loong Temple -This is a Chinese temple that is dedicated to several traditional deities such as Kuan Yi and the Monkey King. This is an active temple that visitors may enter for free. There is also a seafood restaurant next door.
- Blue Lagoon Beach -One of the most beautiful beaches of Port Dickson. It is also one of the smaller and quieter places to enjoy the water.
- Alive 3D Art Gallery -A popular museum and gallery with a variety of 3D paintings. The paintings are created in such a way that you can get a 3D effect when you take your own pictures of them.
- PD Ostrich Show Farm -A farm and zoo that has not only ostriches, but also other animals such as monkeys, birds, camels, goats and rabbits.
- Army Museum -Fans of military history will not want to miss this museum, which has a variety of weapons and exhibits highlighting Malaysia’s role in World War II.
Useful Facts About Visiting Port Dickson
Port Dickson can be a great choice for either your primary destination or a side trip if you’re visiting other places in Southeast Asia. It’s about an hour’s drive from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia’s capital. It’s only 30 Km from Seremban, which is inhabited mostly by the Minangkabau people, who have their own language, architecture and cuisine. Port Dickson is easy to reach from Singapore, either by plane, car or bus. You can also get to Port Dickson from Sumatra, Indonesia by ferry.
If you’re seeking a vacation in a region with lots of beautiful beaches and a rich history, Port Dickson is a great choice. If you want to find the best hotel in Port Dickson, it’s best to do plenty of research and book as far in advance as possible. Port Dickson hotels and resorts are quite popular all year round.