If you’re looking for a place to visit in Malaysia that’s both tourist-friendly and offers the local touch, you should try Petaling Jaya. This vibrant place was granted its city status just a decade ago and but has a lot of attractions and activities for tourists and vacationers. We highly recommended you book a hotel in Petaling Jaya in advance before you head over – accommodation can be hard to get during peak tourist seasons.
Here are 5 activities you should include in your travel itinerary when you visit Petaling Jaya.
1) Have fun at the Sunway Lagoon Theme Park. This is perfect for vacationing families. There are four different zones in this park – the Water Park, the Amusement Park, the Scream Park, and the Wildlife Park. The park features water slides, river rides, and wave pools. When you get hungry, there are food stalls and restaurants conveniently located within the park.
2) Go rock climbing at Camp 5 inside the One Utama shopping center. As one of the largest climbing gyms in Asia, Camp 5 offers more than 400 boulder, lead, and top rope routes. It welcomes both beginners and professional climbers. As a bonus, if you manage to climb the gym’s highest walls, you will be treated to a spectacular view of the city.
3) Dine and drink at The Roof. A rooftop bar with a view of the city at night, this is a place you shouldn’t miss. It’s great for dates and group gatherings. It also has a sports bar where you can watch soccer matches and other popular sports. If you feel like dancing, there’s an adjacent club where you can dance the night away to the beats of live DJ music.
4) Check out the seafood at the Fatty Crab Restaurant. Don’t be misled by this popular restaurant’s name. Although crabs are its specialty, it also offers a wide array of fish recipes for diners. It’s highly recommended that you try the restaurant’s sweet and sour crab dish. It’s served with a thick gravy that gives the dish its unique taste.
5) Exercise your brain at The Escape Room. You will be placed in a room wherein you have to read clues and solve puzzles in order to escape the room. There’s a timer so you need to think and work fast. You have six rooms to choose from – a mummy’s tomb, prison cell, abandoned factory, mystery room, pirate ship, and a slaughter house.
These are just a few of the things that you can see and do in Petaling Jaya. The city is fun to explore – walk around and see where your feet (or taxi) brings you!